Whether you’re flying solo or growing your startup, there's a community of changemakers eager to connect and support you along your journey. Join us at these events — many virtual so you can attend from anywhere in the world — and start engaging with our global impact + innovation ecosystem!
IMPACT HUB NETWORK EVENTS
Co-Designing the Future of the Hub
December 2 @ 12:00 - December 7 @ 14:30 CST
Impact Hub Ottawa is home to a diverse and growing community with huge potential to work together to advance shared priorities.
As our community grows, we want to design our space and services to be more inclusive and better support you and your work – no matter your sector.
Join us on Dec 2 and Dec 7, and you’ll get to work with us to discuss and decide how the Hub can become a more inclusive and welcoming space for learning and working together to advance the Sustainable Development Goals.
Who is this for?
Anyone who wants to have a say in the future of our space, services, and community, including:
- Curious, impact-driven people in Ottawa and beyond
- Community builders, activists, dreamers and artists
- Social innovators, entrepreneurs, small business owners
- Educators, students and learners of all ages
- Impact investors and funders
- Past, present, and potential members and event attendees
If you’re curious about what we can become, we want to hear from you!
For us to come out of these sessions a stronger, community-centred space, we know that we need to be intentional in co-creating with folks who aren’t already moving in our circles, including Black, Indigenous, racialized people and people of colour, people living with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ people.
If you know someone who should be at the table, please invite them to join.
This isn’t just another consultation
Developed by a team of community champions, this is an opportunity to collaborate with you to build a vision for what Impact Hub Ottawa’s space and community can be, and what we need to do to get there.
Some questions we may grapple with in the process include:
- How can we decolonize our practices and honour Truth and Reconciliation through our space and in our work?
- How can we design our physical and virtual spaces to be more accessible, inclusive, and collaborative?
- How might we better support your work as innovators and change-makers working on complex societal problems?
- How can we better welcome and support you as a member of an equity-seeking group?
Recognizing your time
In an effort to recognize your time in contributing to these sessions, we are offering any non-member who attends a complimentary 3-month Connect coworking membership. Just indicate your preference on the order form.
If you require dependent care to be able to join or fully participate, a fixed subsidy will be made available to anyone who attends, provided you indicate your preference on the order form.
Can’t make it to both events? While live participation is the most impactful way to get involved, anyone who registers will receive a questionnaire to ensure that we capture your full perspective.
- This event will be held virtually on Zoom
- We will be working with Google Docs
- This event will not be recorded
- Automated closed captioning in English will be available
We invite you to identify any additional accommodations during the registration process and be aware that while we endeavour to address all requirements, it may not be possible to fulfill all requests.
A link to join the event via Zoom will be provided once you sign up on Eventbrite and emailed to you in the days, hours & minutes leading up.
Impact Hub Ottawa is a community and coworking space that inspires, connects, and enables people working to create meaningful change in the world.