Whether you’re flying solo, a tiny team, or a growing startup, you don’t have to take on the world alone. Join us at any of the following events and meet an inspired community of people who are passionate about working together to build a better Houston for all!
UPCOMING IMPACT HUB NETWORK EVENTS
- This event has passed.
Impact Hub Houston and Sketch City – Open Project Night
July 30, 2019 @ 18:00 CDT
Impact Hub Houston and Sketch City bring you this special edition of Open Project Night highlighting projects focusing on SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth + SDG 9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. (Info on SDGs: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/)
Connect and collaborate with passionate people who are working on projects, ventures, and collaborations to improve the city of Houston. If you have an idea, are working on something, or are looking for ways to collaborate with people who are doing work at the intersection of innovation and impact this event is for you! You can still join us, even if you will not be presenting a project! The event requires both a mixture of presenters and people from the community to support, listen, and collaborate with the presenters.
This month, we will be kicking off the session by featuring two speakers who are involved in work focused on SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth + SDG 9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. After these presenters are finished, we will open the floor to others presenters, per our usual format!
1. 6:00-6:30pm Meet + greet ; drink + light snacks
2. 6:30-7:00pm Project presentations – maximum of 2:30 minutes per project and each project leader must answer the following questions:
Brief personal introduction + What is your project?
– What stage are you currently at?
– What are your next series of steps?
– What are you currently looking for in the way of talent/skills from the community?
3. 7:00pm-8pm Presenters breakout throughout the room and the community comes around their projects during…drum roll… Open Project Time!