Whether you’re flying solo or growing your startup, there's a community of changemakers eager to connect and support you along your journey. Join us at these events — many virtual so you can attend from anywhere in the world — and start engaging with our global impact + innovation ecosystem!
IMPACT HUB NETWORK EVENTS
- This event has passed.
Know Your Valuation for Equity Compensation & Avoid the Perils of 409A
January 20 @ 14:00 - 15:30 CST
We’re running this workshop as a webinar via Zoom. We’ll email the Zoom link and the workshop materials to all the registrants shortly before the event starts. Any questions, please email [email protected]
Know Your Valuation for Equity Compensation (And Avoid the Perils of 409A)
If you are a CEO or a CFO of a high growth startup, it is vital to understand how to value your company correctly. An IRS Section 409A valuation is an independent appraisal of the fair market value (FMV) of a private company’s common stock that determines the “strike price” for equity. If your company is planning to offer options, you’ll need a 409A valuation. Here is a quick list of questions this workshop will help you answer:
- Do you offer or are you planning to offer your employees stock options?
- Do you know the difference between ISOs and non-ISOs?
- Do you understand the general valuation concepts and approaches that the IRS has outlined, especially as they apply to early-stage companies?
- Did you know that if you run afoul of the 409A rules, your employees could have an unpleasant tax surprise and that some of that responsibility could revert back to you as the employer?
- Do you know if and when you need to engage an outside expert to assist with a valuation?
If you need answers to any of these questions, join us for our workshop where a comprehensive document will also be provided to guide you through this process.
1. By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional, educational and/or marketing materials.
2. TCN events are open to entrepreneurs and investors only, or approved guests of TCN. Service providers of any type must join TCN as a Sponsor. Email [email protected] for details.