Whether you’re flying solo or growing your startup, there's a community of changemakers eager to connect and support you along your journey. Join us at these events — many virtual so you can attend from anywhere in the world — and start engaging with our global impact + innovation ecosystem!
IMPACT HUB NETWORK EVENTS
- This event has passed.
Open Project Night: Partnership for the SDGs in Houston
November 17 @ 17:00 - 18:30 CST
Impact Hub Houston is proud to bring you a monthly opportunity to come together to work on solutions for some of Houston’s most pressing issues. Our city is full of changemakers across all ages, cultures, skillsets, and industries. This is your chance to conned and collaborate for the greater good.
Open Project Night has been hosted across the Impact Hub global network for a few years, and we are carrying the torch locally to support #Changemakers, #SocialEntrepreneurs, and #ImpactSupporters in their efforts to create the change they wish to see in the world.
The Global Goals can only be met if we work together. Investments and support is needed to ensure innovative technological development, fair trade, and market access in Houston. To build a better world, we need to be supportive, empathetic, inventive, passionate, and above all, cooperative.
Here’s how it works:
- New theme each month in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Anyone can sign up to participate (whether you have an idea/project or just want to provide feedback, advice, or support)
- 1-2 guest speakers will kick-off project presentations
- Open Mic for anyone else to pitch will follow (2 min max per pitch)
- Everyone moves to the virtual working room for open networking & collaboration
November’s Theme: SDG 17 Partnership for Goals
Learn more and review subtargets for this goal: https://www.globalgoals.org/17-partnerships-for-the-goals
Event Schedule // 5:00 PM-6:30 PM CST
5:00-5:30pm Open Networking
5:30-5:55pm Project Presentations + Q&A
Your Open Pitch should be max of 2 mins each and answer the following questions before the community can provide feedback:
- Brief personal introduction + What is your project/idea?
- What stage are you currently at? (idea/testing/implementation etc)
- What are your next series of steps?
- What are you currently looking for in the way of talent/skills from the community?
5:55-6:25pm Move over to the Working Floor to connect and collaborate with other changemakers.
6:25pm-6:30pm Closing and Next Steps