Whether you’re flying solo or growing your startup, there's a community of changemakers eager to connect and support you along your journey. Join us at these events — many virtual so you can attend from anywhere in the world — and start engaging with our global impact + innovation ecosystem!
IMPACT HUB NETWORK EVENTS
- This event has passed.
Pride and Inclusivity: A Conversation with SBA’s Office of Women’s Business
June 14 @ 15:00 - 16:00 CDT
SBA and SBA’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership are excited to celebrate Pride month and participate in a conversation with leaders from the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and highlight LGBTQ+ owned small businesses.
Equity is a top priority across SBA, including for our LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and small business owners. There are 1.4 million LGBTQ+ owned businesses in communities across this country and they already generate more than $1.7 trillion dollars in U.S. economic impact and support tens of thousands of jobs – and that number continues to grow. It is critical for SBA and its partners to continuing supporting the LGBTQ+ community and ensure they are connected to capital, technical assistance, and other resources as they start and grow their businesses.
This conversation will include remarks from senior leadership from SBA and the Office of Women’s Business Ownership, NGLCC, and LGBTBE-certified business owners.
- Natalie Madeira Cofield, Assistant Administrator, SBA’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership
- Justin Nelson, Co-founder and President, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Sabrina Kent, Executive Vice President, Programs and External Affairs, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Roxanna Daniel, President and Co-founder, Taj Development Co Inc
- Marti Hoffer, Founder, Lumenomics