Whether you’re flying solo or growing your startup, there's a community of changemakers eager to connect and support you along your journey. Join us at these events — many virtual so you can attend from anywhere in the world — and start engaging with our global impact + innovation ecosystem!
IMPACT HUB NETWORK EVENTS
Startup Funding in Malaysia: A Fundraising Panel
February 22 @ 04:00 - 05:30 CST
- Key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- The best ways to source different funding resources such as Angel investors, Venture Capitalists, grants and loans
- Kevin Brockland CFA – Founder & Managing Partner @ Indelible Ventures: Kevin is a Chartered Financial Analyst that has spent most of his career in Investment Management collectively overseeing more than USD 500 million in Assets Under Management. Over his career, he has substantial transaction experience with direct involvement in hundreds of transactions spanning 20+ countries, with visibility into many more. In 2021, he launched Indelible Ventures, a Seed Stage VC based in Malaysia targeting tech-enabled B2B products that can scale internationally.
- Suresh Thiru – Former CEO Asia @ Seek (JobStreet): Suresh worked through the hyper growth phases of Jobstreet leading it through an acquisition by Seek in 2014 as its Chief Operating Officer. He continued post-acquisition and became the CEO for Seek Asia. After leaving Seek, Suresh has been an active angel investor and advisor within the startup community.
- Jimmy Tham – Senior Vice President @ OSK Ventures: Jimmy has spent his professional years with RHB Investment Bank Bhd, undertaking various corporate finance exercises and more recently as the Senior Vice President of OSK Ventures International Bhd, Jimmy works closely with startup founders and stakeholders in coordinating and provide support for both venture growth as well as fundraising.
Find more Startup Events, learn about Finding a Co-Founder, or visit our Insight Blog for more startup tips.
The Founder Institute is the world’s most proven network to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses. Since 2009, our structured accelerator programs have helped over 6,000 entrepreneurs raise over $1.75BN in funding. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 95 countries, our mission is to empower communities of talented and motivated people to build impactful technology companies worldwide.