INSPIRE. CONNECT. EMPOWER!
Whether you’re an individual, a tiny team or a growing startup, you don’t have to take on the world alone. Join us at any of the following events and meet an inspired community of people who are passionate about working together to build a better Houston for all!
UPCOMING IMPACT HUB HOUSTON EVENTS
UPCOMING HOUSTON COMMUNITY EVENTS
- This event has passed.
2019 Texas Medical Center Health Policy Course
January 15 @ 5:30 pm - April 16 @ 7:00 pm CST
The 2019 TMC Health Policy Course is a first-of-its-kind collaboration between the Texas Medical Center’s academic institutions. The course teaches students the fundamentals of U.S. health policy and provides them with the background and context they need to analyze the most pressing health policy challenges facing the country today.
Register for any or all sessions:
1. Debunking the Health Policy Myths – Jan. 15
2. State and Local Health Policy Objectives and Methods – Jan. 22
3. How Health Policy is Made – Jan. 29
4. Access to Care and Health Insurance Coverage – Feb. 5
5. Quality of Care – Feb. 12
6. Financing, Payment, and Cost – Feb. 19
7. Safety Net Programs – Feb. 26
8. The Public Health System – March 5
9. U.S. Health Policy Methods – March 12
10. Social Determinants of Health – March 26
11. Ethical Dilemmas in Health Policy – April 2
12. Health Care Workforce – April 9
13. National Health Reform – April 16
All sessions are held Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Texas Medical Center executive office, located on the 6th floor of 6550 Bertner Avenue, Houston, TX 77030. Free garage parking is available. Attendance is free and open to the public.
Please register for each session you plan on attending. To watch a live stream, simply visit this page at 5:30 p.m. Central on the date of the session, and click the video link. For details on specific sessions – including moderators, panelists and suggested readings – visit http://www.tmc.edu/health-policy/course/
Questions? Email TMCHealthPolicy@tmc.edu.