Have you ever said “I have an idea for an app, but I’m not a techie…”? Do you have a budding startup, but need a team of developers to help take it to the next level? Then this event is for you!
Our guest experts from Blue People (visiting from Monterrey, Mexico) will discuss what to consider before turning your bold ideas into incredible web and mobile apps. They will also walk you through the steps to select the right platform for your solution, and help you gain insight into when would be the right time to hire a developer.
And after all of that education and conversation, we’ll unwind with an authentic tequila tasting!
- 5:30PM Sign-in/Registration
- 6:00PM Tech Talk
- 6:30PM Tequila Tasting
- 6:45PM Networking & Open Discussion
Learn more about Blue People: http://www.bluepeople.com/
Curious about Impact Hub Houston, our new pop-up space, what our new membership means for you…or all of the above? Then please join us at our very first Open House on Friday, June 28th, from 5PM-6PM at HX!
We believe that you care about Houston and want to help it grow and thrive. We invite you to use this an opportunity to connect with like-minded people, meet the Impact Hub Houston team and learn how we plan to support local changemakers and social entrepreneurs in a global context, and explore how we can work together to make an impact in our city. Let’s make Houston a role model for how the world solves its most pressing issues!
(If you’re a social entrepreneur who’d like feedback on your idea, solution, strategy or startup, feel free to come earlier at 4pm for our Founders Feedback Forum, too!)
We look forward to seeing you on Friday!
We are located at 410 Pierce St, Houston, TX 77002 (see photo of the building below). Find us in Suite 215.
You can find paid metered street parking in front of the building; and both metered and free street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods.
If you have an idea, created a solution, started a venture, and are wondering what to do next — or if you just want a second opinion to see whether you’re on the right track — come get unstuck and moving forward again with some honest feedback from Impact Hub Houston’s mentors and community.
FEEDBACK FORUM MENTORS
For this session, you’ll get insights and feedback from:
- Grace Rodriguez, Co-Founder of Impact Hub Houston and Station Houston
- Milad Khakzadghomi, Director of Strategy for Houston Exponential
- Surprise Guest!
FEEDBACK FORUM GROUND RULES
For all who participate, we adopt these ground rules as our shared commitment to having a fun and productive feedback session. If we there’s an opportunity to improve these rules, we can and will change them, together: Feel free to give us *your* feedback, too!
Respect the people.
- Treat each other with kindness and tolerance first. We all have tricky days when we aren’t at our best. You will appreciate this tolerance when that tricky day is yours.
- Assume best intentions, but do not assume anything else. Ask questions to better understand anything that is unclear or troubling.
- Listen when others speak. Don’t interrupt: If you have something urgent to add, raise your hand for acknowledgement.
- Take care of yourself. If you need to step out or take a break, do it. The group values your participation, so do what you need to do so you can devote your full attention.
Respect the purpose
- We’re convening to help Founders think through current challenges. Come prepared and ready to engage.
- Resources lead to results. Be ready to contribute information or connections to help Founders achieve better outcomes.
- We are all responsible for staying on track. Speak up if you feel we’re going off the rails!
Respect the process.
- Start on time. End on time.
- Step up: If you have an insightful question or helpful suggestion, please share it.
- Step back: Share the time. Do not monopolize the discussion or rob others of time needed to share their perspectives.
- Document clear commitments, then follow-through. Walk your talk!
Impact Hub Houston and Sketch City – Open Project Night 12th Edition
Come to Open Project Night hosted by Impact Hub Houston and Sketch City at the amazing Black Sheep Marketing Agency. Connect and collaborate with real, passionate people who are working on projects, ventures, and collaborations to improve to the city of Houston. If you have an idea, are working on something, or are looking for ways to collaborate with people who are doing work at the intersection of innovation and impact this event is for you! P.S. Our event is sponsored by Buff Brew!
Whether your project is in the seed idea stage, you already have been working on it for some time, or an individual interested in lending a hand and getting involved but are not sure quite how – Come! This event is for you.
You can absolutely bring your own idea to open project night or just come to listen! The event requires both a mixture of presenters and people from the community to support, listen, and collaborate with presenters!
Who: Open to all! even those just curious
What: Our event is Free. Drinks, light snacks, incredible people and innovative projects presented to improve Houston (in both small and big ways).
When/Where: Doors open at 5:30pm, event starts at 6pm ; Black Sheep Marketing Agency (611 West 22nd Street)
1. 6:00-6:30pm Meet + greet ; drink + light snacks
2. 6:30-7:00pm Project presentations – maximum of 2:30 minutes per project and each project leader must answer the following questions:
- Brief personal introduction + What is your project?
- What stage are you currently at?
- What are your next series of steps?
- What are you currently looking for in the way of talent/skills from the community?
3. 7:00pm-8pm Presenters breakout throughout the room and the community comes around their projects during…drum roll… Open Project Time!
Come join us!