2020 Citizens’ Climate Mountain West Regional Conference
The 2020 virtual conference will focus on Climate Activism in a Changing World.
Everyone is welcome to join this ONLINE conference. Are you interested in upping your climate knowledge, being inspired, building skills and becoming catalysts for change and action in the climate movement? Then this virtual conference is for you!
We’ll connect with fellow Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) members and welcome new volunteers as we develop our skills as climate advocates.
The conference includes diverse topics for seasoned CCL members and newcomers alike:
- Updates from national CCL leadership
- Climate science updates
- How to go beyond partisanship and personal biases to effectively and authentically engage with diverse allies
- The intersectionality of climate change and racism
- Policies that conserve nature and help sustain scarce water supplies
- The economic case for carbon pricing
- Climate change impacts on Native America
- How lessons learned from COVID can be applied to climate change
We’ll also offer Climate Advocate Training for new CCL activists, presented by Mountain West Regional Coordinator Bill Barron and Co-state Colorado state coordinator David Kline. We’ll host a virtual Social Hour and concurrent Youth Event where we can meet others across the region from the comfort of our own homes.
See our Call for Videos for the Youth Event. We are asking young climate activitists from CCL or other climate groups to make ~ 2 minute to share at the conference. All young climate activists are welcome, ‘youth’ may be self defined.
Here is a more detailed agenda:
Saturday 9/26/20 – 1 to 5 pm PDT, followed by a social hour & youth event from 5 to 6 pm PDT
1:00 – 1:15pm Welcome
1:15 – 1:50 CCL Leadership
2:00 – 2:50 Climate Science Updates
3:00 – 3:50 Climate: Beyond Partisanship
4:00 – 4:50 Intersectionality of Climate Change and Racism
4:50 – 5:00 Transition to Social Time
Sunday 9/27/20 – 1 to 3:10 pm PDT (track 2&3) or 1 to 3:40 pm PDT (track 1)
1:00 – 1:30pm Opening Plenary
1:30 – 1:40 Transition
Track 1: 1:40 – 3:40 Climate Advocate Training
Track 2: 1:40 – 2:20 (choose from the following sessions):
1. Tips from the Region
2. Riverine Ecosystems: the Lifeblood of a Sustainable Water Future
3. The Economic Case for Carbon Fee & Dividend
4. Climate Change in Native America
2:20 – 2:30 Transition
Track 3: 2:30 – 3:10 (choose from the following sessions):
1. Public Health: COVID-19 and Climate
2. Engaging Companies on Climate Advocacy
3. Inclusive Climate Activism/Dealing with Racism
For more information, contact Shawn Newell [email protected]
Share with your friends on Facebook here.
By registering for this event, you are giving Citizens’ Climate Lobby and Citizens’ Climate Education permission to send you emails including information about CCL/CCE and how you can volunteer and support our work. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing [email protected].