November 16 - 12:00End:
November 30 - 13:00Event Category: Click to Register
Impact Hub Ottawa
After three years of living through the pandemic, we’re still adjusting and pivoting as humans but also as organizations and social change leaders.
The organizations and social enterprises that survived the pandemic displayed strong financial resilience, adapting to respond to emerging crises while scenario planning for the future.
Join this two-part series to better understand the basics of financial resilience and the tools you need to gear your social enterprise or organization towards it.
J oin us on Nov 16 and Nov 30 to
- Learn about the building blocks that every organization needs to achieve greater financial sustainability and resilience;
- Explore the difference between bookkeeping and strategic finance and learn new concepts, like program cost, and core mission support;
- Learn how a strategic budgeting approach can strengthen your organization’s financial management capacities, enable it to develop different scenarios, and build its reserve;
- Dive into income diversification and learn more about its prerequisites, about different sources of financial inflows and some of the new trends in financing organizations.
This is a two-part series!
- Thu, Nov 16 | Part One: The Essentials of Strategic Financial Management
- Thu, Nov 30 | Part Two: Income Diversification & Capital Reserve
Amany Alhadka, with 20+ years of experience in Non-Profit Organizations’ Operational Excellence, has worked globally, including at organizations like CARE, Misr Elkheir Foundation, and Equality Fund. She specializes in optimizing operations during an organization’s life cycle, leading change management initiatives. Amany founded Alnawa Business and Consulting Services Inc. to help nonprofits and leaders strengthen their institutions and elevate their social impact. She’s also the Director of Finance & Operations for Prospera, the International Network of Women’s Funds, and an Associate at Spring Strategies for the Financial Innovation and Resilience (FIRE) Program.
Brown Bag Lunches are lunch & learns organized by Impact Hub Ottawa, led by community members, and open to all. Topics vary each week, but you’re always sure to learn something new!
This is a hybrid event: enjoy the impact of community knowledge-building either from our downtown Ottawa coworking space or remotely via Zoom. We look forward to seeing you there however you decide to join!
- A link to register via Zoom will be provided once you sign up on Eventbrite
- This event will be recorded and may be shared with Impact Hub Ottawa members, all who register, and the event host
Tickets: To ensure that cost is not a barrier to participating, we’re offering a tiered pricing system for this event. Participants can choose between a free Regular ticket and a $10 Community Support ticket, which will help offset the cost of running this event.
Looking for a home away from home? Perhaps a coworking membership is for you. Find out more here.
Consider becoming an Impact Hub Ottawa Virtual Member. This gives you access to our team of Coaches, community Slack, and all kinds of perks and resources to help you grow your business or career!