Open Project Night: Ensuring Responsible Consumption & Production Patterns
Impact Hub Houston is proud to bring you a monthly opportunity to come together to work on solutions for some of Houston’s most pressing issues. Our city is full of changemakers across all ages, cultures, skillsets, and industries. This is your chance to conned and collaborate for the greater good.
Open Project Night has been hosted across the Impact Hub global network for a few years, and we are carrying the torch locally to support #Changemakers, #SocialEntrepreneurs, and #ImpactSupporters in their efforts to create the change they wish to see in the world.
Here’s how it works:
- New theme each month in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Anyone can sign up to participate (whether you have an idea/project or just want to provide feedback, advice, or support)
- 1-2 guest speakers will kick-off project presentations
- Open Mic for anyone else to pitch will follow (2 min max per pitch)
- Everyone moves to the virtual working room for open networking & collaboration
April’s theme is SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
SDG 12 from a global context: https://sdgs.un.org/goals/goal12
Event Schedule // 5:00 PM-6:30 PM CST
5:00-5:30pm Open Networking
5:30-5:55pm Project Presentations + Q&A
Your Open Pitch should be max of 2 mins each and answer the following questions before the community can provide feedback:
- Brief personal introduction + What is your project/idea?
- What stage are you currently at? (idea/testing/implementation etc)
- What are your next series of steps?
- What are you currently looking for in the way of talent/skills from the community?
5:55-6:25pm Move over to the Working Floor to connect and collaborate with other changemakers.
6:25pm-6:30pm Closing and Next Steps