UCLA Pritzker Center: COVID-19 Community Speaker Series
About this Event
Speakers include experts and faculty from UCLA, and esteemed leaders from organizations across LA County. The speaker series is free and open to all. Each discussion will be recorded for educational purposes.
ZOOM LINKS WILL BE EMAILED 2 HOURS BEFORE THE EVENT.
April 16, 2020 12pm-1pm: Immigrant Children and Families and COVID-19
- Nina Rabin, JD: Executive Director, UCLA School of Law Immigrant Family Legal Clinic
- Rigoberto Reyes: Executive Director, Los Angeles County Office of Immigrant Affairs
April 16, 2020 4pm-5pm: Safer at Home? Child Abuse and COVID-19
- Laura Alongi, MSW: Field Education Faculty, Department of Social Welfare / UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs
- Roberta Medina: Deputy Director, LA County Department of Children and Family Services
April 23, 2020: Foster Family Well-Being and COVID-19
- Audra Langley, PhD: Assistant Professor, Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences / UCLA Semel Institute Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Ron Brown, PhD: President & CEO, Children’s Bureau of Southern California
April 28, 2020: Parental Rights and COVID-19
- Fanna Gamal, JD: Binder Clinical Teaching Fellow, UCLA School of Law
- Dennis Smeal, JD: Executive Director, Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers, Inc.
April 21, 2020: COVID-19 and Contemporary Medical and Legal Issues in Foster Care
- Stacy Barron, MD: UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center
- Leslie Heimov, JD: Executive Director, Children’s Law Center
April 30, 2020: Justice for Youth and COVID-19
- Elizabeth Barnert, MD: Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
- Patricia Soung, JD: Director of Youth Justice Policy and Senior Staff Attorney, Children’s Defense Fund