By popular demand, we are launching a “Lean Startup for Impact” series to help our members, social entrepreneurs and impact innovators learn how to apply Lean Startup principles to ventures in the social/impact sector. This program is FREE for Members of Impact Hub Houston! Join now to access this and future workshops for free: http://houston.impacthub.net/membership
This course is ideal for anyone working to solve some of the world’s toughest problems, not just for high tech startups. It’s your opportunity to try using lean methodologies to launch a social venture of your own, or to apply to and improve your current business’s strategy.
For those not familiar with the “lean” approach, it uses validated learning, experimentation, and iterative processes to quickly design, develop, and decide feedback. While we will follow the framework provided by Acumen’s “Lean Startup Principles for the Social Sector”, our series includes LIVE facilitation, guidance and support from experts and mentors in Impact Hub Houston’s startup, tech, business and nonprofit network. Our speakers will be available for questions during every session, so you can get immediate help with your business’s specific needs.
By the end of this series, you’ll understand how to …
- Successfully experiment, adapt, innovate and operate a lean venture while ethically serving customers and growing a startup that prioritizes impact
By registering for this workshop, you’ll receive…
- A free template for your Lean Startup Canvas
- An hour of interactive virtual instruction on what the “Lean Startup” methodology is, how it differs from traditional business planning, and how you can implement it to improve your impact venture
- LIVE Q&A so you can get your urgent questions answered
The entire “Lean Startup for Impact” workshop series, will help you …
- Master the human-centered design process to create innovative solutions to real-world challenges
- Create and test hypotheses to design and refine your business strategy and product/service
- Effectively create and use the Value Proposition Canvas to understand and better serve your customers and stakeholders
- Build an effective interview guide to learn and document your use research
- Gain strategies for synthesizing your user research and identifying opportunities for design
- Practice creative techniques to build rapid prototypes and make your ideas come to life
- Learn to effectively test your prototypes with real users and identify promising solutions to begin implementing
Who is this for?
Changemakers who want to launch or grow a impact venture — whether you’re at the Intention or Idea stage, or you have an established business and want to improve your business strategy.
This is not just a webinar presentation. We plan this as an interactive workshop with the speaker available for live questions and answers (“Q&A”) throughout, to help you figure things out while the content is fresh in your mind. By the end of this workshop, you’ll have a proven process for refining your business!
Our Expert Speaker
Grace Rodriguez knows what it’s like to start a startup. As a serial entrepreneur and non-profit leader, she has helped launch and grow her own ventures; and as a frequent startup mentor, advisor, and pitch competition judge for accelerators and incubators including MassChallenge, Texas Medical Center Innovation Institute, Station Houston, Capital Factory, WeWork Labs, and Rice University’s Liu Idea Lab for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Grace reviews, mentors, and advises hundreds of startups and entrepreneurial initiatives every year. Through this experience, her experience consulting, and her time at DFJ Mercury (now “Mercury Fund”), she has developed a keen understanding on why so many businesses fail to successfully launch and grow, and which approaches to developing a startup really work. She is excited to share with you how you can create and scale your own impact venture!
*** PLEASE NOTE: To make this event as safe and accessible as possible for the entire Impact Hub community, this workshop will be delivered online via Zoom. Register to ensure that you receive the link and materials to participate, which will arrive in your inbox shortly before the event starts. Any content shared during this workshop is proprietary and copyrighted: By registering for the workshop, we offer you license to copy and repurpose the pitch deck template, only. ***