Have you ever said “I have an idea for an app, but I’m not a techie…”? Do you have a budding startup, but need a team of developers to help take it to the next level? Then this event is for you!
Our guest experts from Blue People (visiting from Monterrey, Mexico) will discuss what to consider before turning your bold ideas into incredible web and mobile apps. They will also walk you through the steps to select the right platform for your solution, and help you gain insight into when would be the right time to hire a developer.
And after all of that education and conversation, we’ll unwind with an authentic tequila tasting!
- 5:30PM Sign-in/Registration
- 6:00PM Tech Talk
- 6:30PM Tequila Tasting
- 6:45PM Networking & Open Discussion
Learn more about Blue People: http://www.bluepeople.com/
You are cordially invited to AN ECONOMIC UPDATE hosted by Impact Hub Houston with guest speakers from Thrivent Financial.
It seems topics about our national and local economic temperatures are in the headlines every day. Should those headlines influence decisions around your financial planning and business strategies?
Join us for a conversation with David Wegenke, Texas Regional Vice-President at Thrivent Financial. David will provide an overview of the current economic status and explain what it mean for small business and startups in Houston. This workshop will help you use data to make wise decisions about your economic future and help you think through important scenarios to determine if you should start a business now or wait until you’re ready.
What information will be discussed in the economic update?
- Recap the economy’s performance during the previous quarter
- Information and stats on job growth, retail sales, corporate growth, international/domestic economy, long-term strategies, emergency funds, etc.
- Also, refers to several indexes and benchmarks, which measure the performance of certain market sectors.
- Provides a full picture of timing, demand and temperature of various business ventures.
- 5:30pm Networking & Sign-in
- 5:45pm Economic Update: Should I Start a Business Now…Or Wait Until I’m Ready?
- 6:30pm Workshop: How to Assess Your Situation
- 7:00pm Networking & Open Discussion
Disclosure: “No products will be sold at this event. Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. They are also licensed insurance agents/producers of Thrivent. For additional important information, visitThrivent.com/disclosures.”
Impact Hub Houston and Christina Wright, Founder of WrightNow Results, present: Mastering the Brain Dump to Reduce Business Frustrations.
Sure, you know you need to plan. Yep, it’s time to collect your thoughts, so you can tackle your big business ideas (for real this time). And certainly, you know you have to set the time aside to do this. But, every time you sit down to plan, you stare at your computer and it stares back at you.
Enter: The Brain dump. Simple as it sounds, that’s where all good plans start.
Christina will guide you through her method to help you get clear on — and develop a plan for — your biggest challenges surrounding business and managing “it all.” In this 90-minute workshop, you will:
- Learn the mastery of the Brain Dump
- Learn pointers on balancing business and life
- Brain dump your life/work balance OR a business need
- Begin developing a useable roadmap from your brain dump
- Opening session (15 min) – 5:45 p.m.
- Interactive tips & brain dumping (50 min)
- Brain dump layout
- Brain dump work time
- Begin digital version of the brain dump (15 min)
- Three paths: work/life balance, marketing efforts, client experience
- Closing + Final Instructions (10 min)
WHAT TO BRING
- Markers (different colors and sizes if possible)
- You may want to bring your computer to get the most out of your brain dump.
*Impact Hub Members receive FREE registration*
About our instructor: Christina is the owner of WrightNow Results, which helps your organization strategically define your lines of Communications to save you money and frustration. After more than a decade in the high-pressure roles of government reporter and county employee, Christina set out to show others how to aim for a balanced, but successful lifestyles.
Basecamp is an inclusive environment for those who are interested in adapting their life science experiences to real business applications. We meet one Saturday morning each month to assess a local innovator’s life science idea viability and help them answer the questions they have on how to take their idea to the next level.
All are welcome to learn about what makes a scalable life science business opportunity. No prior experience necessary. High school students through late career in a different industry have something to contribute. We will walk through how to assess a business opportunity and each person will be able to add value to the development of a business plan. Please join us at our next workshop!