12:00 pm - 01:00 pmEvent Category: Click to Register
We believe that meaningful conversations create interpersonal connections that collectively strengthen communities. Through TED Circles, we invite YOU — our friends, neighbors, colleagues, and TEDxHouston community — to join us online and/or in person on the last Friday of every month to discuss a variety of interesting topics.
* EVENT UPDATE * In light of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, TED is hosting a special TED Circle with the global community, that will be this event’s new topic! (The “Who Has Power” TED Circle virtual event will be moved to April 10.)
Conversation starters include:
- What did you learn about the COVID-19 virus that surprises you? What can we learn from its similarities and differences with past pandemics (e.g. smallpox, flu, HIV/AIDS) that can help us now?
- What can you do to minimize the spread of germs? How can you remind yourself to do those things?
- In terms of preparedness, what do you think your country is doing well, and which of your country’s systems would you like to see improved for this and future pandemics?
- How could countries work together in order to create a global healthcare system?
The TED team will:
- Watch a TED Talk that relates to understanding pandemics and immediate actions we can take.
- Engage in an enriching conversation by sharing our questions, insights, and takeaways.
Once you register, keep an eye on your inbox for the Zoom link to participate!