03:45 pm - 04:45 pmEvent Category:
Impact Hub Houston
HCC SouthEast Felix Fraga Academic Campus - East End
301 North Drennan Street
Houston, TX, 77003
About this Event
Houston consistently ranks as one of the top cities for economic growth potential, one of the best startup ecosystems, and one of the best places in the country for women and minority entrepreneurs to start their own businesses. So how do we help our city reach that potential and grow the next generation of entrepreneurs in ways that also create more inclusive, equitable and sustainable paths to economic development?
Join leaders from some of Houston’s largest and most diverse academic institutions to learn:
- How Houston’s entrepreneurial education environment is evolving;
- How they’re helping prepare and grow the next generation of entrepreneurs — from Zillennials to second-act seniors, and from newcomers to Houston to those new to startup culture;
- What trends and opportunities they’re seeing; and,
- What they’re most excited about for Houston’s economic future.
- Dr. Beena George: Chief Innovation Officer, University of St. Thomas
- Brenda Rios: Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives & Community Relations, HCC
- Sandra Louvier: Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship, HCC
- Kelly McCormick: Professor of Practice & Managing Director of Red Labs, UH
- Moderator: Ned Mueller, Entrepreneur In Residence, HCC
Many thanks to Houston Community College (HCC) Southeast for hosting and providing food and beverages for this event at the Felix Fraga Academic Campus in the East End!