To build a better Houston for all by helping diverse problem solvers create real-world innovation and build sustainable solutions with scalable impact.
We champion inclusive, impact-driven innovation by providing an integrated platform and thoughtful programming that meets problem solvers where they are, shares entrepreneurial knowledge, connects diverse communities, and bridges resource gaps.
We believe that the world’s greatest challenges can be solved if we work together. That’s why we’re building an innovation ecosystem where people collaborate across organizations, cultures, geography and generations to solve the pressing issues facing our city and the world.
What Drives Us
We believe that you care about Houston and want to help it grow and thrive.
You’re here. You showed up. And your interest in who we are and what we do shows us that you want to improve Houston by helping pragmatic problem solvers, entrepreneurs, small businesses and startups create positive impact. Don’t stop here: JOIN US. We know that together, we can deliver that positive impact at scale.
roll up your sleeves!
Help Us Help Houston
Inspire. Connect. Empower!
Why we need Impact Hub Houston
Houston is one of America’s greatest cities in every respect. We’re home to:
- One of the largest and most diverse populations in the country
- One of the largest ports
- The world’s largest medical center
- One of the largest concentrations of Fortune 1000 company headquarters
- One of the nation’s largest Consolidated Metropolitan Statistical Areas (CMSA) — the Greater Houston region is larger than New Jersey, and almost as large as the state of Massachusetts!
The greatness of Houston means we also face great challenges. With such a large and diverse community, not all Houstonians can access the same resources or enjoy the same benefits our city offers…and not all face the same issues. We must meet people where they in terms of geography, generation, education, mobility, class, culture, life stages and startup stages, and devise ways to foster empathy, understanding, connection and collaboration.
To address this, Impact Hub Houston offers:
equitable, inclusive space
Impact Hub Houston inspires, connects, and empowers people who are working to address any of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We welcome problem solvers who may not have had previous exposure or effective training in modern technologies and business practices, such as rapid prototyping, design thinking, lean startup and agile methodologies. We offer extra support to changemakers who come from and/or wish to serve historically underserved and underresourced communities.
Wherever you are on your impact journey, we can help you connect with peers and mentors, ideate and validate potential solutions, and build sustainable models around your idea so you can forge your own path to economic resilience and wealth, create jobs and opportunities for others, and successfully participate in the innovation economy.
We screen Impact Hub Houston members for:
– alignment of purpose and impact orientation
– ability to support other members with respect as true peers
– willingness to contribute to our culture of servant leadership
– genuine effort to share ideas and develop social ventures
An online platform that enables meaningful connections with local+global peers and mentors
Programming and Placemaking
Our recurring programs and special events include:
– Open Project Nights with Sketch City
– F.U.N. Stories with Creative Vida and the French American Chamber of Commerce
– SDG-Themed Expert Roundtables and Hackathons
– Global Entrepreneurship Week
– THIS: The Houston Innovation Summit