To get tested, find the site nearest you and make an appointment: https://houstonemergency.org/covid-19-testing/
- Houston Health Department & Community-Based Sites: Two free drive-thru COVID-19 community-based testing sites open to anyone Monday through Saturday, regardless of symptoms. Each site has capacity for 500 tests per day. Call 832-393-4220 between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. to receive an access code and directions to the nearest community-based site.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers:
NEED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT? GO TO PPE FOR THE PEOPLE
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Guide for Businesses (US Chamber) and Printable Emergency Loans Checklist
- How to Apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and/or the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Employer Provisions: What it means for HR
To stay safe, informed, and get help:
- Find breaking news and official updates from the Houston Office of Emergency Management and on Twitter
- Houston Public Media offers live updates, 24/7: https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/coronavirus/.
- Houston Health Department hotline for COVID-19 questions: 832-393-4220 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Staff can answer questions in English and Spanish; follow up in other languages; and will return voice messages left after hours.
- Continue to follow CDC protocols: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. While no actions can completely eliminate the possibility of illness, minimize the risk by washing your hands frequently; avoid touching your face; and take all isolation and quarantines seriously.
- Traveling? Check the CDC first: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
- For food assistance:
- Renters’ assistance: Contact Zoe Middleton of Texas Housers. (Form is in English and Spanish.)
- Greater Houston Partnership – Partnership Briefing with Latest News & Resources.
- Greater Houston Partnership offer current COVID-19 related data in the city
- World Health Organization: COVID-19 Updates
Online Tools, Workshops and Programs for Startups and Small Businesses
- Financial Guides from Finder
- State of Texas COVID-19 Aid and Resources: https://gov.texas.gov/business/page/coronavirus
- SBA is offering low-interest loans of up to $2 million to small businesses and non-profits
- Social Venture COVID-19 Relief Grants and Other Funding
- Restaurant Employee Relief Aid
- SBA: Webinars this week for Houston area businesses affected by COVID-19
- SBA Webinar on the Economic Injury Disaster Loan, whether you’re eligible and how to apply
- SBA Approved Lenders in Greater Houston & Resource Guide
- Houston Office of Business Opportunity Resources: https://www.houstontx.gov/obo/
- US Chamber Resources to assist small businesses
- IRS Tax Reporting Deadline Extended to July 15: More info at PKF Texas
- PKF Texas offers their Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Tax Briefing
- Alice: COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- NextSeed Community Bridge Notes to provide small businesses with an alternative and efficient way to raise flexible, lower cost, lower fee financing.
- MassChallenge and the COVID-19 Healthcare Coalition are seeking startups with potential pandemic solutions to support (https://c19hcc.org/)
- gener8tor Emergency Response Program and Guide to Apply for SBA Loans
- Calculate your “By The Book” Debt before submitting financial documents for grants and funding
- Tools to virtualize your office, communications and productivity: http://techagainstcoronavirus.com/
- Zoom Video Tutorials and Best Practices for Educators, Event Organizers, Etc.
- UC Berkeley Information Security Office Guide on Preventing Zoom-Bombing
Resources for Creative Professionals and Artists (All Types)
- Full List of Actor, Artist, Dancer, Performers, etc., Relief Funds: https://actorsfund.org/services-and-programs/covid-19-resource-list
- Self-employed, artists, performers may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assitance (DUA): You just need a contract, 1099, or W-2: https://twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/disaster-unemployment-assistance
- CERF+ Relief for Artists
- Motion Picture & Television and Directors Guild Relief Funds
Online Tips and Tools for Parents and Families
- Tenants living in participating properties may be eligible for up to $1,056/month in rental assistance for April and May 2020.
- “Houston at Home”: Activities and Virtual Experiences you can enjoy (and keep the kids entertained) from home!
- Online Counseling Programs: Mental Health and Education Guide for Kids and Teens
- How to Discuss COVID-19, Spot Fake News, and Keep Your Kids Active and Engaged
- Scholastic Projects for Pre-K to 9th Grade, with Family and Teacher Resources
- Good Housekeeping Homeschooling Tips
- COVID-19 Resources from the American School Counselor Association
- Action for Healthy Kids Wellness Resources
- Going outdoors? Check https://www.houstontx.gov/parks/ & Bayou Greenways for park and trail updates
National Resources and Financial Assistance Opportunities:
- Benefits.gov is your starting point for any disaster assistance: https://www.benefits.gov/help/faq/Coronavirus-resources
- The National Association of Manufacturers seeks manufacturers with capabilities to help the United States during this all-hands-on-deck crisis.
- Facebook will be offering $100MM in cash grants and credits for small businesses
- Wells Fargo offers $6.5MM for local businesses
- What Your Bank May Be Doing to Help: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/what-your-bank-may-be-doing-to-help-4787268/
- SBA Disaster Loans Assistance: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
- IRS Tax Relief: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- SBA Emergency Preparedness Guide
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Combating the Coronavirus, US Chamber of Commerce
- Implications for Business, McKinsey & Co.
- Information for Communities, Schools, and Businesses
- OHSA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-19
- Get Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19
- National Science Foundation now accepting project pitches
- $5000 Grants for All Artists: https://www.artistrelief.org/
- SmugMug’s List of Financial Aid sources for artists
- Resources for Agencies working with Immigrants in Houston: https://www.accesshou.org/
DIY Mask Tutorial and Local Efforts:
- Video of four patterns tested, with tutorial at end, and Link to the Univ of Florida Heath Dept mask pattern that passed
- Businesses HIRING LOCALS RIGHT NOW: https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy/news/article/These-local-companies-are-hiring-right-now-no-15147052.php & https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/heres-whos-hiring-right-now-5161074/
- Legacy Community Health has created satellite screening centers
- GoFundMe to help TXRX Labs create protective medical equipment for healthcare workers: https://www.gofundme.com/f/txrx-manufactures-protective-medical-equipment
- Volunteer from home to sew masks for healthcare workers
- Enventure is raising funds to supply healthcare workers with much-needed personal protective equipment (PPE)
- GoFundMe LIFE Fund to help local restaurants feed healthcare workers: https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/life-fund
- CrowdSourceRescue can help you get food or deliver food
- Houston Area Homebound & COVID-19 Resources (Actively Updated Spreadsheet): https://bit.ly/houston-covid-resources
If you have any resources you’d like us to include, please add them in the comments, below!
If you’re working on a project to help with COVID-19 Relief and need help with fundraising to expand your impact, contact us about fiscal sponsorship — learn more about what it is and how it works at https://houston.impacthub.net/fiscal-sponsorship/
And if you appreciate the work we’re doing and want to help us survive this so we can keep doing it, please donate any amount here:PLEASE DONATE TO KEEP THIS RESOURCE GOING!