17:30 - 19:00Event Category: Click to Register
Impact Hub Houston
Impact Hub Houston invites YOU to connect and collaborate with passionate people who are working on projects, ventures, and collaborations to improve the City of Houston.
The Global Goals for Sustainable Development can only be met if we work together. Investments and support are needed to ensure innovative technological development, fair trade, and market access in Houston. To build a better world, we need to be supportive, empathetic, inventive, passionate, and above all, cooperative.
Open Project Night has been hosted across the Impact Hub global network for a few years, and we are carrying the torch locally to support problem solvers, connectors, and leaders in their efforts to create the change they wish to see in the world.
Here’s how OPN works:
- We have a new theme each month in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Anyone can sign up to participate (whether you have an idea/project or just want to provide feedback, advice, or support)
- We feature 1-2 guest speakers to kick-off project presentations
- Open Mic for anyone else to pitch will follow (2 min max per pitch)
- Everyone moves to the virtual working room for open networking & collaboration
February’s theme is SDG 10: https://www.globalgoals.org/10-reduced-inequalities
If you have an idea, are working on something, or are looking for ways to collaborate with people who are doing work at the intersection of innovation and impact this event is for you!
Session Schedule // 5:30 PM-7:00 PM CST
5:30-5:45pm Open Networking & Welcome
5:45-6:30pm Project Presentations + Q&A
Your Open Pitch should be max of 2 mins each and answer the following questions before the community can provide feedback:
- Brief personal introduction + What is your project/idea?
- What stage are you currently at? (idea/testing/implementation etc)
- What are your next series of steps?
- What are you currently looking for in the way of talent/skills from the community?
6:30-6:55pm Breakout Room Project connection and collaboration with other changemakers.
6:55pm-7:00pm Closing and Next Steps
Since the Fall of 2018, we have hosted this monthly opportunity for our community to come together to work on solutions for some of Houston’s most pressing issues. Our city is full of changemakers across all ages, cultures, skillsets, and industries. We need your help to level up the impact that can be created during these meetings. If you have never attended an Open Project Night before, learn more about the event structure here: https://houston.impacthub.net/opn/