12:00 - 13:00Event Category: Click to Register
Impact Hub Ottawa
Are you a community-based organization working in Canada on peace, gender equity, or education? Are you interested in building your evaluation capacity? Curious about a community-led, grassroots approach to Canada’s SDG 2030 agenda?
This webinar will provide an overview of community-based evaluation and how it can be used to localize the Sustainable Development Goals. While we ground our conversation in SDGs 4 (quality education), 5 (gender equity), and 16 (peace, justice, and strong institutions), anyone is welcome to attend.
Co-facilitated by team members from The Centre for Community-Based Research & the Kindred Centre for Peace Advancement at Conrad Grebel University College, who are partnering on the project, “Building Community-Based Evaluation Capacity to Advance Sustainable Development Goals”.
- Sarah Switzer, Senior Researcher, Centre for Community-Based Research
- Jean de Dieu Basabose, Researcher, Centre for Community-Based Research
- Rich Janzen, Executive Director, Centre for Community-Based Research
- Madeline Docherty, Student Intern, Centre for Community-Based Research
- Paul Heidebrecht, Director, Kindred Centre for Peace Advancement, Conrad Grebel University College
This webinar is just one part of the conversation. Register for the rest of the series:
- Webinar 1(April 1, 2022): Overview of Community-Based Evaluation: Evaluating SDGs for Local Impact
- Webinar 2 (April 22, 2022): Laying the Foundation in Community-Based Evaluation: Evaluating SDGs for Local Impact
- Webinar 3 (April 29, 2022): Planning your evaluation and data gathering and analysis in Community-Based Evaluation: Evaluating SDGs for Local Impact
- Webinar 4 (May 6, 2022): Acting on Findings in Community-Based Evaluation: Evaluating SDGs for Local Impact
Brown Bag Lunches are Impact Hub Ottawa’s weekly lunch & learns led by Hubbers, for members and non-members alike. Topics vary each week, but you’re always sure to learn something new!
- A link to register via Zoom will be provided once you sign up on Eventbrite
- This event will be recorded and shared with Impact Hub Ottawa members and all who register
Tickets: In an effort to make this event as accessible as possible and to remove cost as a barrier to participating, we’re offering a tiered pricing system including a fully subsidized option. Upon checkout, please select the option that best suits your needs – no questions asked.
Looking for a home away from home? Perhaps a coworking membership is for you. Find out more here.
Consider becoming an Impact Hub Ottawa Virtual Member. This gives you access to our team of Coaches, community Slack, and all kinds of perks and resources to help you grow your business or career!