18:00 - 20:00Event Category: Click to Register
Impact Hub Houston
Impact Hub Houston PopHUB @ HX
410 Pierce, Suite 215
Houston, TX, US, 77002
Impact Hub Houston and Sketch City bring you this special edition of Open Project Night highlighting projects focusing on SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth + SDG 9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.
Connect and collaborate with passionate people who are working on projects, ventures, and collaborations to improve the city of Houston. If you have an idea, are working on something, or are looking for ways to collaborate with people who are doing work at the intersection of innovation and impact this event is for you! You can still join us, even if you will not be presenting a project! The event requires both a mixture of presenters and people from the community to support, listen, and collaborate with the presenters.
This month, we will be kicking off the session by featuring two speakers who are involved in work focused on SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth + SDG 9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. After these presenters are finished, we will open the floor to others presenters, per our usual format!
- Jesse Bounds (Director of Innovation, City of Houston)
- Grace Rodriguez (CEO/E.D., Impact Hub Houston
- Kimberly Williams (Chief Innovation Officer, METRO)
1. 6:00-6:30pm Meet + greet ; drink + light snacks
2. 6:30-7:00pm Project presentations – maximum of 2:30 minutes per project and each project leader must answer the following questions:
- Brief personal introduction + What is your project?
- What stage are you currently at?
- What are your next series of steps?
- What are you currently looking for in the way of talent/skills from the community?
3. 7:00pm-8pm Presenters breakout throughout the room and the community comes around their projects during…drum roll… Open Project Time!
We are located at 410 Pierce St, Houston, TX 77002 (see photo of the building below). Find us in Suite 215.
You can find paid metered street parking in front of the building; and both metered and free street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods.