16:45 - 17:45Event Category:
Impact Hub Houston
HCC SouthEast Felix Fraga Academic Campus - East End
301 North Drennan Street
Houston, TX, 77003
About this Event
Houston consistently ranks as one of the top cities for economic growth potential, one of the best startup ecosystems, and one of the best places in the country for women and minority entrepreneurs to start their own businesses. So how is Houston’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and startup development community evolving to help our city reach that potential? How will we support the next generation of startups in ways that also build more inclusive, equitable and sustainable paths to economic development and generational wealth creation?
Join several of Houston’s entrepreneur ecosystem leaders at THIS: The Houston Innovation Summit during this session to learn how local organizations are rising to meet the needs of our future entrepreneurs. We’ll touch on:
- How local organizations are helping the next generation of entrepreneurs — from Zillennials to second-act seniors, and from newcomers to Houston to those new to startup culture;
- What trends and opportunities they’re seeing; and,
- What they’re most excited about for Houston’s economic future.
- Estella Gonzalez, MPA, Director of Education and Economic Opportunity at BakerRipley
- Eric M. Goodie, Area Vice President, Growth and Sustainability at Houston Area Urban League (HAUL)
- Tim Jeffcoat, District Director Houston, SBA
- Tiffany Williams, Co-founder and Managing Director for Diversity Fund Houston
- Ravi Brahmbhatt, Charter Member and Board Member of TiE Houston
Many thanks to Houston Community College (HCC) Southeast for hosting and providing food and beverages for this event at the Felix Fraga Academic Campus in the East End!