November 7, 2019 – Houston, TX – Impact Hub Houston, Houston’s locally rooted, globally connected 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering diverse changemakers and social entrepreneurs, is excited to present the third annual “THIS: The Houston Innovation Summit,” a week-long celebration of innovation and entrepreneurship during Global Entrepreneurship Week, November 18-24, 2019. THIS brings together local business stakeholders, startups and startup development organizations, incubators and accelerators, entrepreneurs, investors and funders through a series of events intended to showcase Houston’s innovation ecosystem and inspire, connect, and empower entrepreneurs across the region.
“We’re honored to continue the work started during Houston Startup Week,” said Grace Rodriguez, CEO of Impact Hub Houston and Founder of THIS. “From the first Summit in 2017 after Hurricane Harvey that highlighted how Houston’s tech community responded and helped in rescue and recovery, to the second year spotlighting the development of Houston Exponential and the HX Fund-of-Funds, we are excited to host this annual week with our community partners and bring together Houston’s startup community while raising awareness for our vast entrepreneurial ecosystem.
“In a city as large as Houston, THIS has become a great way to help local founders, innovators and investors meet, learn from, and celebrate each other as they grow the next generation of big ideas. We are also proud to announce that #THIS19 is an official event of Global Entrepreneurship Week: We’ll be promoting Houston’s innovation ecosystem to stakeholders here and abroad through both the Global Entrepreneurship Network and our community of over 100 Impact Hubs around the world.”
Through The Houston Innovation Summit, the general public will be treated to a series of speakers, panels and events highlighting innovative ideas and initiatives emerging throughout the region. Events include:
- #THIS19 Official Kick-Off with Central Houston, Amegy Bank, The Cannon and Impact Hub Houston at the new “The Cannon Tower at Amegy on Main.”
- Houston Exponential shares its “2020 Vision” for the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, with updates on its progress and plans for new Startup Development Organization and Corporate Innovation roundtables.
- A Female Founders Breakfast for women entrepreneurs and the allies who support them, hosted by J.P. Morgan and Mercury Fund.
- Panels on “How to Start a Global Startup” with the Founder Institute; “Fresh Perspectives” in the hot industry of food and agriculture startups with WeWork Food Labs; and “The Next Generation” of entrepreneurs and investors paving new paths for Houston’s economic growth with HCC.
- Bunker Labs bringing its national community to Houston for “Southwest Muster Across America”: A full day of talks, networking, and a pitch competition for veteran- and military spouse-led startups.
To register for any of these programs and learn more about the full schedule of events, please visit http://thehoustoninnovationsummit.com/schedule.html
About Impact Hub Houston (https://houston.impacthub.net)
Impact Hub Houston is a locally rooted, globally connected, nonprofit startup development organization that aims to make Houston a role model for how the world solves its most pressing issues. A member of the Impact Hub global network—the world’s largest community recognized by the United Nations for accelerating entrepreneurial solutions towards measurable and scalable impact for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)—Impact Hub Houston intentionally designs places, platforms and programs to build an inclusive innovation ecosystem and empower diverse changemakers, social entrepreneurs, and impact supporters to create the change they wish to see in the world.