Want to get more while giving back? Join our Work-Trade Team! It’s so much more than the typical volunteer gig: As a member of the Impact Hub Houston Work Trade Program, you’ll get the opportunity to showcase your skills while putting them to good use for a good cause!
We offer a variety of roles that allow you to plug in and help build an inclusive impact-centered community while building your network:
EVENTS LEAD – 5 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Event Leads help activate Impact Hub Houston with events and meetings. They play an important role in ensuring that Impact Hub serves as a reliable, accessible event space for the entire Houston community. Through this role, Event Leads provide hands-on assistance to community partners and clients, learn best practices for running events, and receive support to plan and execute reoccurring monthly Impact Hub Houston events.
EXPECTATIONS: Event Leads commit to supporting 1 recurring event per month for a minimum of 3 months and report to the Director of Operations. Event Leads commit to volunteer for ~16 hrs per month (4hrs/week) to fulfill the required need. In exchange, you receive an Impact Hub Houston Community Membership and all of its associated benefits.
- Houston Social Entrepreneurship Meetup: https://houston.impacthub.net/hsem/
- Open Project Night: https://houston.impacthub.net/opn/
- T3CH Workshop Series: http://impacthubhouston.eventbrite.com/
- TED Circles: https://www.tedcircles.com/
- Help track and update event themes, and create agendas to ensure events run smoothly
- Liaise with guest speakers and sponsors to collect bios, headshots, and partner logos (when applicable)
- Coordinate with Marketing team on graphics and social media outreach
- Ensure event registration links are published and updated across all platforms
- Help promote the respective event with personal network
- Engage with and answer questions for registrants and attendees
- Coordinate and manage event logistics, including catering, A/V, set-up, check-in, and clean-up
- Advise Director of OPS on additional volunteer needs
- Post-event: Update event dashboard and help draft thank you emails to participants and stakeholders
- Meet with Leadership to debrief after each event
Strong communication skills in order to coordinate events, some space layout design experience/talent, organized, and punctual.
WORK-TRADE: In exchange for supporting our team, you’ll receive:
- Community Membership that offers you Impact Hub benefits and coworking access for the duration of your Work-Trade commitment
- Curated, thoughtful introductions to the movers and shakers in the Houston social enterprise community
- Portfolio pieces and references from leadership for your resume
- Free access to Impact Hub Houston events and programs
- Impact Hub Houston swag
HOW TO APPLY
If you are not yet an Impact Hub Houston member:
- Complete your Impact Hub Houston membership application: http://houston.impacthub.net/membership/
- Email your resume to Michelle Avalos and specify which event you’re interested in leading.
Already a Community Member? Send your resume to Michelle and specify which event you’re interested in leading.
Thank you for taking your support of Impact Hub Houston to the next level!