Unpacking the Privilege in Purpose
Tickets are still available when you register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qcu-prjsjGtR44X3c9lwOywZ6vzYqYG3S
Purpose has become a popular buzzword for businesses and individuals alike. And, for good reason. For people, purpose has the power to motivate, propel, and inform impact.
For businesses, purpose ensures a social mission that drives teams to do good. A recent study from Mckinsey & Company further explores purpose in the context of a crisis.
Purpose can be so powerful, and we have to acknowledge that there is an element of privilege that we need to address when we talk about purpose.
There’s privilege in wealth and income which allows people to pursue their purpose. There’s privilege for identities which have historically had greater access to purpose-driven work. Post-traumatic events, our brains go into flight or fight mode and people tend to lose a sense of purpose. All of this defines who has access.
The leading social impact organizations in New York City, Impact Hub New York Metropolitan Area and Be Social Change, are partnering to bring together an expert panel to unpack this conversation, exploring:
- How privilege and purpose have been intertwined historically
- Best practices to address privilege in purposeful work
- Ways of promoting access and equity to purpose-driven work
- Innovative ideas in ensuring greater access to individual and organizational purpose
With an incredible panel of experts, attendees will examine this topic and work toward greater inclusivity in impact, and intentional business practices. Join us to learn more about purpose and how individuals and businesses can pursue purpose while addressing inequality.
- 4:55 PM – Sign on to the event and introduce yourself in the chat
- 5:00-5:15 – PM Welcome and attendee breakouts for collaborative question development
- 5:15-6:00 PM – Panel discussion